Don't forget the added weight of water!
Men's Weight: 105 pounds
Women's Weight: 75 pounds
- Utilize a gym and put a punching bag or heavy object over a bar to practice pulling an item down
- rip the rope down to the ground
- anchor yourself to the ground
Official Rulebook Details
- Pull the rope to raise the weight until the knot hits the pulley at the top.
- Lower the weight slowly and with control, without releasing the rope until weight reaches the ground (no dropping the weight).
- Competitor must control the rope with their own body. Rope cannot be tied off to the fence or any other object.
- Inability to raise the weight all the way to the top.
- Dropping the weight to the ground for any reason (rope slips through or leaves the Competitors hands AND the weight touches the ground).
- Using any outside object to assist in completing of the obstacle, other than use of feet on the fence (see additional notes).
- A competitor may make multiple attempts and change lanes at any time, as long as the weight was returned to start position in a controlled manner.
- Competitors may not raise the weight by moving away from the fence, or gain an advantage by moving beyond the immediate vicinity of the fence.
- Unless specifically defined otherwise by Spartan officials, competitors do not need to keep their feet on the ground and may use the fence for leverage.
- Standing on the top of the fence or crossing the fence results in an immediate disqualification (DQ).
- At stadium events, these rules may be modified for safety reasons to require a "no feet on the fence" rule.
referencesVideos and documents for reference